Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Drunken Food for Thought #2

We pondered over the days events at happy hour, cervasas in hand, candles on the table. Rodger closed down the bar, putting chairs on tables, and linens away. He finally told us our last call was now. We ordered a round xfew to last us through the night. Candace and I shared a pitcher of pina coladas while everyone else drank beer. There were only 6 of us, but it felt like we had known each other our whole lives. Rodger left us to our own devices and our chit chat continued.
The idea of drama in our lives continued.... and then Laura brought up a really good point-

If we can come down here and leave all the drama behind and forget our worries and just enjoy life, why can't we do the same back home?

She's right- Why can't we go back to our lives and eliminate the drama. Maybe things are a big deal because we make them out to be so much more than they are. If it's something we have to do anyway, a rent payment, a confrontation with a boss- why fret the inevitable. Hope for the best, and deal with life as it comes. This is something I feel like I already knew because I always deal with life as it comes.... but for me it has always been the big things. Why can't this apply to life on a smaller scale as well. The 5 minute walk in the rain, the stain on your shirt, etc. etc. etc. It's good to have the reminder to just relax, issues arise and issues pass. Forget the drama. Deal and move on. Life is too short to waste time on unimportant things.

We may joke that Laura is "Positive Polly"- but she has one of the best outlooks on life I have ever seen. Her heart is beautiful and pure. She finds the good in everything and when I say everything I mean legit- EVERYTHING. What a beautiful way to live life- she has so many characteristics that I aspire to have.

This trip happened for a reason- because I needed to meet some of the people I've met. They have touched my soul in ways they will never know and I will always be so truly grateful.

Leave the drama behind, escape- to your happy place. Deal with it and move on- it's so not worth it. Find the positive in everything.
<3
Pura Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment