Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 23 Part one

SoOoOOOo

Today- I woke up to the buzzing of my alarm and was so not impressed. I had stayed up all night watching True Blood. I finished the first season... around 4:30am. So At 8:00 when all I could hear was beep beep beep beep beep... needless to say- not impressed. SO I totally was like F it- and went back to sleep. Then I heard Pound Pound Pound on my door, not knocking but like a pounding... Jeremy was there.... "Poi class lets go!".... ARGH I was so frustrated but I got my butt up and went.
I legit threw on the closet clothes I could find and just ran out the door. Luckily I had a cereal bar in my bag and some Gatorade. I'm super glad I went to poi because it was a really nice class. I now understand why they keep it so small, because it was just Raquel, Me, Erin, Alicia and Kevin. I learned a lot today. I also learned a lot for me to practice. Tomorrow I am going to buy my fire poi so that I can practice with them and get used to the weight distribution. EXCITING. I think I might also get the glow poi tomorrow too. We shall see.
Jeremy was really nice as well. He responded to my e-mail and was great about handling my situation. I really think sometimes people just need a break.
SO after poi, we all went to get breakfast at the hotel. I had just fruit with no papaya, I'm not a fan. I was half asleep during breakfast so I couldn't even tell you what we talked about.
After breakfast I worked on Erin's dreadlock. Her beautiful blonde Italian curls have not held up so well in the Costa Rican ocean and so she had a huge dread in the back of her head on the bottom. I sat for like ever trying to comb it out but it was not an easy process. We had some casualties. It could have been a lot worse though. It was funny because while we sat, Laura was practicing Spanish all hopped up on espresso. It made me want a Starbucks latte more than anything.
After that I chilled for a bit and read. Did some face booking and what not. It was a pretty hott day so it was nice to relax in the A.C. My sunburn is pretty bad too, my back is so sore. Partially why I am here writing this and not in yoga right now.
I went to the hotel restaurant for lunch and got the penne caprece pasta. It's good but that is one reason I am ready to come home for. I am so sick and tired of Italian and basically what feels like all the same foods. I would give anything for my mom's salmon, or my Greek salad, or my taco salad, or like a tomato salad. KRAFT DINNER omg would be fabulous! Hot dogs and hamburgers and even Scottos white Hawaiian pizza. Cheesecake factory's grilled chicken tostada salad and like Ok the list could go on for a while. The food here is just the same everywhere. There is nowhere for me to cook so I can't even make my own. I actually miss cooking so much and miss American food. You can only have so much rice, and fajitas, pizza, pasta.... I don't think I eat much else here. Even if I wanted too, I don't think I lost a single pound because it's so hard to eat healthy here. Unless you can do cerviche which is raw fish (can't do it for health reasons), or even just fish in general. The restaurant the other day had cow tongue. Just not my thing.
ANYWAY, so it was a long day. My sunburn really really hurts, and I'm just tired emotionally today. It's hard when you come to hide and get away and the real world ends up finding you anyway. I guess it’s a good thing that I was plucked out of my fairy tale life here for a little bit, that way when I come home it wont be such a culture shock.

No comments:

Post a Comment