Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 26

AHHHHHh two more sleeps. That's it. That to me is like the saddest thing ever. Seriously. A couple of hours ago I was thinking- you know what, I am ready to go home. It was more of accepting a fact than actually wanting it to happen. But then, I go into town and run into all the locals whom I know and chat. The little lady from Tairona making sure I was feeling better, the dread lock guy making me another anklet, Julio- playing Twilight specifically for me at El Sano. It's heart breaking. I love it here.

SO the breakdown, I woke up and didn't go to poi this morning. I wasn't feeling well still. SO I slept. I then did the unthinkable- I heated and ate my left overs from Tairona last night. So good. I went down to the restaurant and asked for a plate and a fork because the stuff in the kitchen up here is nasty. I took it back down when I was done. I chatted with Candace while I ate and we decided we need to set up a euchre tourney. I miss it so much.
After my brunch, I walked into town with Anne. She looked so pretty- she had on like this powder blue dress. She took pics along the walk and it kind of made me miss my camera. As we walked by El Sano, I chatted with Julio for a bit. (I've decided he is my Costa Rican crush- he's so cute). I invited him to the bonfire. That can either be a plus or a minus. A plus because I might look SUPER cool doing poi or a negative because I could possibly light myself on fire. Something just tells me that, well that wouldn't be the most attractive thing in the world. lol
So after El Sano, I walked with Anne too Organico. We parted ways and then I went to the post office. CLOSED of course. SO I did what any other normal girl does to kill time- I went shopping. I thought a new outfit for tonight was absolutely necessary. I bought a new anklet for when the one I have now dies. Dreadlock guy gave me a wicked deal. Then I went to a store and was going to buy my bowls but just couldn't do it. I really like them. They are beautiful mango wood and I don't have a nice salad bowl. They are also 45 dollars. I just don't know. I got the cutest dress. It's brown with a brown pattern. I just love it. There were two other one's I wanted but I'm trying to be frugal.
On the way out of the dress store I bought the most beautiful pendant. I used my bargaining powers and talked him down. I still need a chain- but I'm sure there are harder things to come by.
I went to the grocery store and got some pineapple and gatorade. I ran into the little lady from Tairona. I just LOVE her. She is the cutest. She makes me really miss my grandma. She speaks no english but rubbed my belly and asked if I was feeling better. I said "Si bueno", I also tried to thank her for the meal last night because it was SOOO good and I'm sorry I couldn't stay for desert, but I don't know how much she got out of it.
I then walked home. It was starting to rain which makes me want to cry. If the bonfire is cancelled I will cry. Karmic energy is totally telling me that it will absolutely be fine!
Going to practice poi for a bit, chill out for a bit and then Yoga and go... Depending on how the night goes- I don't think I'll finish this one until tomorrow.
It should be a good night, full of secret swimming, fire, and maybe a little crush.... so we'll see!
Pura Vida

No comments:

Post a Comment