Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Day 25

Soooo today has been a pretty productive day considering my night.

Last night the brunt of the typhoon hit. It was MADNESS. The Ran was pouring so hard it felt like the roof was being pelted with soccer balls. The thunder and lightening were also just as crazy. The lightening was sooo bright that you would have thought it was noon. The thunder sounded like .... I can't even describe it... it was SO loud. It woke me up around 3:15 and continued through till about 5am. I would have been up anyway because I wasn't feeling so hot again- and no I wasn't hungover or drunk. Someone (I'm assuming Erin lol) was showering around 3:30 in the morning. It was a crazy crazy night.
So I woke up this morning for poi, late again. I got there and Jeremy was joking with me because I promised him yesterday that I would be on time.... yeah not so much. I got a coco light to ease my stomach and it was overall a pretty good class. I am working my way through the intermediate stuff. I can do most of the moves on their own- but it's connecting them that is the problem.
After poi I had the tuna at Amor De Mar again. It's just so good. That's also how I know I'm sick- I can't eat. I don't want to eat and when I do eat I just feel like crap. Food is my enemy right now. I was just talking to the girl in the Kitchen downstairs (she's the cook) she has the same thing. Soooo moral of the story- A. I'm not eating down stairs again and B. I wanna feel better.
After lunch, I hung out around the hotel for a bit. Chatted with Nicki and Laura. Sarah was also really sick (ear infection) so nurse Courtney came to the rescue. I figured I could use my pharmacy sparingly since I am leaving in 3 days...TEAR I hate saying that. I hope her ear feels better. She is one of those anti medicine type people's but I decided NO babe you can't feel like @$$ your last week.
I eventually went back over to the grassy knowl at Amour De Mar. I practiced my poi while tanning. (Yes I had sunblock on). Laura and Candace were there too. We saw ANOTHER snake! YES I almost lost my mind. Candace got pics, I'll have to steal them.
After about an hour it stated to rain so I had to come back inside. I practiced inside for a but decided I was done with sweating my balls off. SO I think I might nap for a little bit before yoga. I was so proud that I hadn't napped but maybe I should... nooo.. Maybe I'll do my nails!
YEs- I did my nails and they look faboosh! "Party in my Cabana Pink" One of my favs! I then went down stairs- toe separators and all, to practice poi. I did it with Alicia and Kevin and Kylie. I learn so much from watching Alicia because she is just so fabulous! I'm excited to light up tomorrow but also a little nervous. I am thinking I might put my ipod on and just tune out the crowd tomorrow night.
After poi, I came upstairs and passed out. I wasn't planning on it but just felt famished and exhausted. I slept right through until 6:20. I debated not going to to yoga, but then Raquelle came and forced me. I was so glad she did because it was a really good class. I am slowly getting my head stand to be better and better. I don't think I will be able to do it with out the wall, but I can use the wall to get up and then hold it on my own. Kristen was in our class tonight and Dagmar was teaching. Watching Kristen practice is like watching art. She is just SO good at what she does. I am really hoping to be as good as she is when I finish my teacher training.
After yoga I came home and chatted with my mom for a bit. I got dressed and went to dinner with Erin, Nicki and Kylie. We went to Tairona and it was soo good, but I was feeling really sick again. I had maybe two bites and had to come lay down. I felt so bad because my waitress- whom I love thought I thought there was something wrong with the food. It was SOO good but it just hurts to eat. I feel so nauseous.
I got the rest to go and came home and am just lying in bed. I almost wonder if my stomach is my mind talking to me. I can't tell if it is upset that I am leaving, or telling me it's time to go home.
I'm excited to come home because I miss Roxy more than life. I am excited to get ready for school. I am excited to see my mom and my dad and my friends. However, I'm not ready to leave here. I love it here. I still have so much to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment