Saturday, July 25, 2009

Day 20


This morning I woke up and well… was not feeling so hot. I rolled out of bed and stumbled to the bathroom. While peeing- with my eyes completely squinting, not wanting to adjust to the light- I rummaged through my pharmaceuticals in search of advil. Tylenol was good enough so I took two and also a Mylanta. I went right back to bed.
I woke up again feeling much better. So I facebooked and checked out Perez. All in all, I was feeling a lot better… or so I thought.
So I went out side and met up with Laura and Erin. We all were just rolling out of bed. We decided to go to Los Artistas for breakfast. The thing about Los Artistas is that it is a world renowned restaurant. The ambiance is the most beautiful place ever. Laura described it perfectly, “You know when you’re really stressed out and someone tells you to go to your happy place- well this is where I will go. This is my happy place, the mental image I will conjure up.”
So we sat at our little table right on the beach overlooking the Ocean. The menu is never the same. They literally go in to the kitchen, see what they have or what fish is fresh and then write down the menu on a chalkboard that they carry around from table to table. Today was all sorts of sushi. It sounded fabulous but every good drunkard knows you need something of substance to get you through a hangover. So I had a panini with ham and mozzarella. I only got through half of the sandwich when I realized I was not feeling so hot again. I don’t know if it was the sun and the heat, or just simply the combination and amount of alcohol from the night before- either way, it wasn’t good. So I gave Laura 10,000 colognes and told her and Erin I had to go pass out. I walked as quickly as I could to get back to the hotel because I wasn’t sure how long my breakfast would stay in my belly. I guess it wasn’t actually breakfast because we didn’t wake up until 11.
I made it back to the hotel and saw Guillermo sitting on the railing smoking a cigarette overlooking the mini waterfall and river that framed our tiny hotel. He looked so sad, not like Happy Go Lucky Guille. So I started with my usual “Why so glum chum?” I don’t think he completely understood but the gist I got was that he was just ready for the week to be over. He asked how I was feeling because word on the street was that I “Killed” it last night. Their slang for over indulged. I ordered a ginger ale and was off to bed.
A little while later Erin came in armed with PowerAde for electrolytes and energy, Ginger ale for the tummy and apple juice for other reasons. She was a lifesaver.
I laid in bed for the rest of the day. Didn’t move. Ok well I moved when Perez posted two scenes from New Moon in which I screamed and jumped for joy.
Eventually I got hungry and Laura and I decided to head into town for dinner. We went to the Happy Corner as we call it. I got a Hawaiian calzone and it was ok. It was too hot out to enjoy hot food. I didn’t even really like the ice cream with chocolate mousse. I just had no room. While at Dinner Pablo and Stephanie were walking by. (Pablo is the surf instructor & Steph is his gf). He was saying how this week was just a catastrophe. The red tide, the broken ankle, another almost broken ankle, the high tide. Everything just seemed to be going wrong. It wasn’t the surf instructor’s faults. Jeremy the director of the school, just wouldn’t cancel surfing because he didn’t want to have to reimburse any body. So he instead said to go in at their own risk. It was a lose lose situation for everyone.
After dinner we went to Javier to get my ring back. He had taken it yesterday to make some adjustments for me. He also cleaned and shined it and it looks beautiful. I love it. We saw Ellie too, who sadly is going to Nicauragua for 4 days. When people are living here illegally, all they have to do is leave the country for 3 or 4 days and then they can come back. So I’m assuming that’s what he is doing. I don’t actually know because he speaks no English but that’s ok with me. I want him to come back though so he can help me with my poi.
We walked home and once there I ichatted with my mom. She’s nutz but I really miss her. I’m really excited to see the new puppy. I hung out with people on the balcony. Raquel was giving Guillermo a massage. Guille’s girlfriend Carla was there too. She was putting the surfing video together so I ordered mine. They are just the cutest couple. She translates for him, because his English is spotty. They both have curly dirty blonde hair. I just love them. He was telling a story about how an Ant eater was in his house. He’s just so cute because he said “nd den tere waz aaaaa how u say eater ant, nd I screamm zooo lowd”. It was adorable.
We all hung out on the balcony but I just had to hit the hay.
Tomorrow we are going for a waterfall hike. I’m so excited because I havn’t done it yet. Sunday we are looking into going snorkeling at Island Tortuga. It’s weather dependent.
I can’t believe this is my last weekend here and then my last week. It’s going by so fast that I could cry. This is my new home- I don’t want to leave!

No comments:

Post a Comment