Friday, July 24, 2009

Day 19- Oh here we go again.......

SO let me start by apologizing for lack of post this morning. Lets just say... I wasn't feeling so fab. Why you ask?

So yesterday morning I woke up and went to breakfast with Erin. We went to the hotel restaurant because we had poi. I then went to Poi class which was fun as usual. Got some more moves down. I really like it. After Poi... My mind is a jumble of mess and I am brain farting majorly and can't remember. ... so bare with me.
I think I took a nap- well I know I did but I can't remember if I did anything else. I woke up and Laura and I went to Cocolores for dinner. It's probably one of my top two places. I had the chicken fajitas which were SO good.
OH SO I remember my day-
Ok so after Poi I did nap and la da da. Then I decided I wanted ice cream ad so I started to walk into town. I bumped into Erin and convinced her to come with me. We were walking with our poi through town when Ellie, the hot local who speaks NO english and is the best fire dancer in the country pulled us aside. He gave us a half hour lesson in the middle of the street. We learned SO much with him. Because he doesn't speak english he broke it down for us one by one and showed us. It was amazing. We had so much fun. Erin says that he's her boyfriend he just doesnt know it yet! hahaha
So then we walked over to Organico to get ice cream. I got peanut butter banana. It's vegan ice cream which I usually really like but I didn't like the kind I got. Luckily Erin ate it for me. We ran into Dagmar and had a mini lunch with her. It was so nice because I got to talk to her about doing my teacher training for yoga. (She's the yoga teacher). She told me to bring my contact info to her at yoga and she would forward it to her friend. I told her I would prefer to come back to Montezuma to do it but where ever she thinks is best. The lady she is referring me to is the one who trained her and Kristen.
After ice cream Erin and I walked to the grocery store. We were walking by all the vendors and I fell in love with a moon stone ring. It was stunning. I know I already have two other rings but this one was exquisite. SO I bargained down to 30 and got it. It's a tear drop shape and sparkles in the sun just like Edward Cullen. I think thats why I like it so much.
While in the grocery store, I saw sparkling wine. We were talking about making mimosa's the other day and so I got it. Little did I realize what it would lead too. Once back- Laura and I went for dinner.
We then raced back for yoga which was AMAZING. I finally can do the crow. I'm getting so good and I love it. I'm also getting way better with my head stand. It was a great class.
After yoga we all rushed back to the hotel because tonight was a party night in town. I was contemplating lighting my fire poi on fire but wasn't sure yet. So we all showered and hung out on the porch. I drank my mimosa's. It was so fun- almost like being in a sorority. We did each others make up and picked out outfits and just got pretty together. It was funny because we all ended up in LBD's. Little Black Dresses. While walking into town, the 4 of us were like OMG- this is a scene straight out of sex and the city. Sarah was conservative Charlotte, Erin was obvi Samantha for reasons that just make us love her more and more. Lawyer Laura was Mirranda and I was Carrie. It was so much fun. We were such nerds.
We got to the hookah bar and the fire poi show began. Ellie was playing bongo's and some other dude had an electric drum set. It was so cool. Amanda our teacher went along with Alicia who is just fantastic. Ellie is the best out of them all. I polished off my whole bottle of champagne while watching and decided it probably wasn't the best idea for me to light on fire. The show was over and I went to the soda for a little pick me up. SO I got a mickey of vodka and mango juice. - The night begins.

Erin and Alicia and Kevin and Amanda and and and lol. We all went up to the top of Moctezuma bar where no one was to watch the crowd below. The Costa Rica vs. Mexico game was on for soccer and the town was going nutz. We lost by one in over time. I feel like such a local though rooting for Costa Rica. So Hilarious story number one of the night....
"Someone - who I WISH to god I could name but wont" - decided they had to pee SOO badly. So me in my drunken stupor was like pee in the bar area- no one's over there. Mind you we're on the second floor. So she did- hhahah she tried to pee off the railing but didn't do so well with that. We're hoping no one was below. hahahaah
So we went back down to the streets where I made a TON of new friends. I even made friends with the crazy street yeller. He speaks four languages, has two or three published books, he just unfortunately likes the bottle. Needless to say Oakie and I are now super tight. If I ever need to borrow his hammock, I'm sure he'll oblige. Laura and I want to shower him up, shave his beard, cut his hair and send him on his merry way. He's like the grandpa I've never really had. Old and cute and would spoil me rotten. He hugged me like ten times that night and kissed me on the cheek every time he saw me. Not in the perverted way, but thank you for realizing I'm a human being and not just a drunk kind of way. He would pick me up and spin me around. He's my new bff. I hope he remembers me.
Hanging out at the bar, finishing off my vodka mango, I decided it was time for some street performing. SO I whipped out the glow poi. I danced and love that my new friend Whitney who is a guy was yelling "Go Canada". I felt pretty cool. Whitney is a grad student from Ithaca University in NY. He wants to be a philosophy professor. He had an uncanny resemblance to Spencer Pratt.
While hanging out at the bar I saw Julio- at least I think that's his name. He's my costa rican crush. he invited me to go hang out at his place and I really wanted to go... because he's SOOO cute. But I knew my pappadadre would be shaking his head at me so I said no. It's amazing that I have the rep of being a good girl down here. I mean I am- but the tico's will flat out tell you. "Oh so you're a good girl." Yes I'm a good girl thank you- but why do they have to make it sound like its a bad thing. I totally would have accepted a good night kiss but he didn't have to take me to his house to do that. So we parted ways and I put on another glow poi show. I just love it.
The night continued .... probably one of the funniest moment's was a quote from "someone who I would love to name but cannot". They were detailing their Costa Rican booty call for me. The language barrier, as much as it is a barrier it is also just plain hilarious. So while they were "involved in their escapade" he suddenly started screaming in his Tican accent... "I Cum I Cum". HAHAHAHAHAHAHA I don't know why it was so funny- but the way she told the story kills me every time.

So the night was dwindling down and Erin was hanging out with Mauricio the surf instructor and Sarah had gone home- we think. So Laura and I invited CRAZY vancouver Jesse to go swimming at Los Mangoes with us. He was nutz, he's an accountant/ economics major who went to Carlton U and just fell off his rocker. He's 32 and it's ashame because he was a good looking guy. MAJA canadian accent though- I noticed mine came back a bit. He was going on and on about how Obama is the next Hitler and is building concentration camps and death ovens and is going to kill us all. Not just Obama though-but Canada is hell and blah blah blah. He was nutz. Bottom line. PSYCHO. SO we took him swimming. LOL- We snuck into Los Mangoes and of Course Carlos was working. Laura had jumped into the pool and I went over to make sure we were still on good terms with Carlos- I gave him a hug and the traditional kiss on the cheek. He then.... creepy little old guy- Grabbed my ass! FULL ON PALMED IT! I don't know if you've seen Chelsea Handlers show with her midget... crap I can't remember his name but Carlos reminds me of him.
So we swam under the most beautiful blanket of stars. It's just amazing down here. Better than the lake for sure. I saw like 4 or 5 shooting stars last night. I made wishes for most of them, I didn't want to get greedy. Also things are so good in my life that I really didn't have much to wish for. You can't wish for a pair of Christian Louboutin shoes on a shooting star.
So Jesse, Laura and I swam under the stars. Laura went to bed but I was determined to see one more star. So creeper and I kept swimming. He wanted to kiss me but I wasn't having it. So when his awful game started to pick up, I decided it was time for bed. I got out of the pool ( I was prepared this time- I wore a bikini). When I got out I got my trusty pink maglight and he was like can I borrow that and I was like yup. So he took it and shined it on my bikini and I was like Uh what was that. He was like "well you said it was a new bikini so I wanted to see it, and it was a good choice!) I was like Oh yea- def my cue to go. So Carlos came and walked me out. He gave me a big hug good bye and in spanish told me to come back tomorrow. I've decided -pooling it is only a thursday night thing. Laura and I are excited to see who we're going to bring back next week.
I said good bye to Jesse outside of Los Mangoes and I told him he should get some help. We parted ways. He wasn't the gentleman that Peter was by walking me to my hotel. It was fine though- it was maybe 100 yards. So I started walking back and a head peeked through the bushes- it was CARLOS_ he told me in spanish to come back in. I was like AH HELL NAH... so I said in my best whisper with my hands to the side of my head manana and sleep. (i.e. tomorrow I have to sleep.)
I went home crawled in bed and was out..........

This morning- I woke up with a pounding head ache and tummy ache and just ugh. Will finish in next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment