Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 27- Last day

SOooo... TOday is my last day. I've already cried. Raquelle left with out saying good bye. Not ok.
I woke up this morning and had to get out of my room. It was just to sad to be in it. My wooden brown walls that resemble a sauna and my little A.C. that just rumbles away. I just couldn't do it.
I grabbed Laura and Erin and we went to Los Artistas. We sat at our comphy table overlooking the ocean on our cushioned seats. I had the lentil soup. Fabulous as usual. We chatted and it was the last time the three of us would be together. At least in Montezuma because I'm truly hoping its not the last time.
We walked back to the hotel where I began packing. The worst thing ever. It was terrible. My little sauna is now empty except for the hideous floral suitcase that I love purposely because it's hideous, on my bed.
I had to track down a few of my things but it all came together.
After a little while, Laura and I decided to go into town. My last walk into Montezuma during the day light (for a while). We went to Organico where I got the most amazing espresso milkshake ever. It was one of those things that made me really sad because I had only discovered it on the last day. We also went to the Bakery Cafe where we just chatted. After that we went shopping, I finally bought my salad bowl. I had originally planned on buying two smaller ones, but one of the smaller ones was gone so I instead bought one large one. It's really pretty. I can't wait to have little dinner parties and now I have a salad bowl, or a chip bowl. OOH a popcorn bowl. hahah I'm excited about my bowl.
We eventually made our way back where I got ready for yoga. My very last yoga class with Dagmar (for a while). Laura and I ran over and it was the BEST class yet. There were only a few of us (I think 10) so we practiced in a circle. It was just so nice to share that karmic connection with the other people in the class. I almost have my side crow which is my new goal. We said our goodbyes and I actually teared up hugging Dagmar goodbye. She has inspired me in so many ways and she doesn't even know it. She has been such a positive prominent force in my life this past month and I am just so grateful for everything she has taught me.
*SIDE NOTE*- Nicki was late for class and later when I asked her about it- SHe had seen a HUGE snake walking to class right in the middle of the road. I'm hoping I can find that pic.
After yoga it was time to go get beautiful. I took my last cold shower, and used my La Cascada towels for the last time. I wore my white billabong bikini and my new brown sundress. It was the last night so I had to step it up. I even wore make-up. Erin had brought some so I stole it. Laura and Candice had left to go get our table so Nicki and Erin and I walked over. We went to Cocolores. I was so sad about leaving and so nervous about my first real go at fire poi that I indulged in a couple of mojitos. I've never had one before, but I will definitely have them again.
Dinner was me, Erin, Laura, Candice, Amanda, Anne, Kylie and Nicki. It was so much fun. We ate we drank and just had such a solid last night. It was just so hard.
So after pics we headed to the bonfire (well- we went to the grocery first to get some booze. One six pack of smirnoff ice later). At the bonfire I walked right up to Jeremy and said "ok I'm ready- lets do this. I need to go first or I won't do it." So off we went. He went over fire safety and taught me how to properly light up. I was so nervous- I was like "Hey Jeremy, can I do this with my ipod on?" We had bongos and stuff but I needed Britney. So he said sure and I was off.
I lit my poi up over the bonfire and was ready to go. I was really nervous so I was really basic. By the time I finally got the hang of things- It was pretty much over. Kevin killed it. I was so proud, but also really jealous. Practice makes perfect so I'm just going to have to practice a little more. The good news Is I didn't light myself on fire!
After the bonfire we went to Chicos. It was a different atmosphere because we hung out behind the bar on the beach. Thats where I met Australian surfer Hugh and Californian Surfer Andy. They had sailed to Montezuma with some dude they met down south. Andy was 30 and Hugh was 25. Hugh kept saying things like "it was HEEPS of fun". HEEPS- how amazing is that word. We drank with them for a bit. It was them two, me, Laura, Nicki and Olli, and Erin and Mauricio. We decided it was late night swim time.
So we all snuck over to Los Mangos. I think because there were so many of us that Carlos didn't even bother trying to kick us out. We had so much fun in the pool. The asteas were out in full force. I saw a ton of shooting stars too! Everyone eventually went to bed and Andy and I stayed and just hung out. He was a crazy surfer who was just having a blast. He was really cool. Carlos came and kicked us out around 4 and so Andy walked me home. No goodnight kiss in case you're wondering but there was a hug! lol I went upstairs and realized I was a little drunker than I thought when I hung up my bikini and clothes on the clothes line. It shouldn't have been as difficult as it was. I crawled into bed and passed out. My last sleep in La Cascada.
I woke up the next morning at 8 am.... Next blog post commence

No comments:

Post a Comment