Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Day 17- Over half way..... :(

Today....

Oh today was yet again another lovely day. To clarify a few things before I forget... a "Tico" or "Tica" is a Costa Rican person. Just like an "American" is from the United States or a "Canadian" is from Canada. It is not an individual that I am referring too. Ummm thats all I can remember right now.

So I woke up this morning with just minutes to get to poi. I grabbed a granola bar and a snapple and mozied on over. It was so much fun. We practiced on the grazzy cliff overlooking the beach at Amour Del Mar. Alicia is so fabulous and I so hope that I can be as good as she is after two weeks. I may cut down blogging time to practice. It's actually been really nice cutting surfing out this week. I've had so much more time to enjoy my surroundings. It's really sad to me that tomorrow is wednesday and therefore I will be half way done my third week. I'm not handling it too well.

Poi was great. I mastered the three beat weave and split time and a whole bunch of other moves that I can't remember the names of. Tomorrow will be a good day though- I'm going to master the reverse three beat weave. It kind of held me back today. Nothing I can't handle. I'm hoping to actually light up (on fire) next week- so I'm pretty determined.

After poi I hung out with some of the juniors here because we all know the freshman are anti social. Lorrien and I grabbed lunch at the hotel. I had the chicken fajitas. I didn't eat them as fajitas though- only indulged in the stir fry. It had the most amazing squash ever! it was something I had been craving ever since Sarah Fosbery made it for me. After lunch I went and hung out in my room. I worked on .... MY LULU APPLICATION! AHHH wish me luck people. It's one of those things too that I realized that I completely forgot something that I should have clarified better. Like What are your one year, 3 year and ten year health goals. Well we obviously know my answer- CANCER FREE BABY... But I stated that to accomplish that I wanted to live my life in the healthiest way possible. I think I should have been a little more descriptive in how I believe that over all health is mental, emotional and physical and gone into that deeper! BUT No excuses! I still stand by my answers- and it's just something that I can go over when I get the interview! SHOOT_ I just broke one of Cosmo's tips for getting a job. You're not supposed to twitter, or facebook or myspace anything about the job until you get it. Big OOPS.... OH well- Karmic energy. It's been a dream and it's something I will work really hard for- so happy positive thoughts!

After all that I then went into town to read and was a very naughty girl. I went to Organico the vegan restaurant and indulged on a vegan Coconut chocolate torte (cake) and a Chocolate Banana Milkshake. I totally justified it by saying - its vegan therefore its healthy! IT was TOTALLY worth it. I read some more of "Eat, Love, Pray". It's so good! People told me to skip the first part but I really like it. It's a solid foundation thus far.
In town I did a little shopping, only spent $4 so I was good. Then I mozied on home, because I could feel my eye lids weighing down like elephants in quick sand.
I made it home just in time to beat the afternoon showers, that mother nature graced Costa Rica with. I fell right to sleep.

I woke up with 25 minutes until yoga. I chatted with my mum for a bit and then rushed on over. I was SOOOO glad I did because it was another FABULOUS class. I was the only one in my class who could do this one pose called the... CRAP I'm googling it now. It was crazy difficult especially with everyone staring at me because it's a balance pose too. But I nailed it! GO ME! I then did my head stand which is getting better. I also assisted another lady in the class which made me so excited to teach!.. Got it- it's called the "Bird of Paradise". The pictures don't do it justice. It's way harder than it looks. It was also a really nice class because it was pouring rain so we didn't use any music tonight and just flowed with the sound of the rain and our breath. Tonight's class was about the fire with in and I'm kicking myself that I cannot remember what is was called. It was fitting because today I focused on my drive and passion to work at lulu. I hope I'm not too eager beaver that I creep them out- but it's somewhere I think I could really fit in.

After yoga I came home and had a lovely dinner with Kylie and Raquelle (the two Australians). We went to the hotel restaurant La Cascada which was actually really good. I had penne caprese pasta con pollo. It was yummy. We chatted and then I headed on up to blog. I want to go practice poi- but I think I need my beauty sleep. I'm feeling quite tuckered out.
SO I'm going to read a little and then hit the hay. DO it all over again tomorrow!
xo
C

Oh and the drama for those who are interested... She who cannot be named- My favorite... Is very social now. She talks with the fellow juniors even though she is only a sophomore. She was complaining about how surfing is cancelled because of the Marea Roja (red tide) and how she thinks she should be able to do surfing safari. WELL- Surfing Safari is where the most advanced students in the group get to travel all over Costa Rica to surf the best waves. We had a semi pro fly in too do this specifically. Only three people are good enough to do it. WELL- if you remember correctly this is coming from the woman who can't surf for shit. She refuses the instructors help and refuses to go out past the white water and she wants to go surf 9 foot waves. Ummm I don't think so! Moving on- she also refused to tell people how old she was... Laura went on a investigative mission because I said she was 40+ and Laura thought she was younger than 35. I said beware- she looks good for her age but a make-up artist can always tell. YEAH I was right- she's 40.
Hmmm Other drama. OH so Jeremy the director of the school is a smart business man. The surf instructors will not go into the water because of the red tide- however- Jeremy wont cancel surfing because then he has to issue a refund. So he said- go in at your own risk. Laura and Lorrien and I were smart enough to say umm F that because we're not getting sick. If the instructors wont go in why should we. So Laura our resident Lawyer is going to fight for our rights. It's easy being the baby by ten years+ when I have such cool people to help me out!
I'm trying to think if there's any more drama..... There is of course but I don't know exactly who reads my blog and I dont want to hurt feelings.... I'm contemplating not using names ... because I have some interesting story lines but I'll think about it! It would be really stupid to use someone for entertainment purposes and then they get hurt. That is not my intention...
Karmic e2

No comments:

Post a Comment