Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 16...Torte my new friend

So I'm so exhausted that I almost forgot to blog... So this shouldn't be to long-

So today... I anticipated it to be horrible, absolutely horrendous- and guess what.... It's over and I am still ok. In fact I am more then Ok. I am Freaking fabulous! I am in the most beautiful place I have ever been with some of the coolest people I have ever met, doing things that people never get to do in their lifetimes. I didn't cry, I didn't drink, I just sat there and smiled... because most of all- I am really really happy.

Today was supposed to be a crazy day but majorly wasn't. I woke up... late lol. So I missed morning yoga. I thought that was going to throw my entire day off but it didn't. I had breakfast with Erin and Laura- the tican. I also bought the meal plan which I am regretting but I'll get into that later. Erin told me that Amanda was going to teach us poi. I am so stoked. So I bought my poi. Orange and Black. I don't know why- but it seemed like a good color for me. It's vibrant- almost like a release of energy which is my state of mind right now.

After poi I went into town to break the news to Ellie that unfortunately I didn't need him to teach me now that I had Amanda. Thank god for Amanda because Ellie blew me off. I had planned on leaving for surfing directly from town so I went to Organico to read "Eat, Love, Pray" and also try one of their homemade vegan shakes. It was really good, I had the banana coconut. I am also LOVING "Eat, Love, Pray". It is in contention to be my new favorite book.

After Organico i went to the beach, I saw that the tide was high and had the urge to not walk the hike. Call it instinct. So I decided to sit on the rocks and wait for someone else to walk with. Luckily for me- the first person to arrive was surf instructor Pablo. He said vamos vamos and took me to the cliff. He said "Do you see that brown murkey discoloration, almost like the water changes color in some parts like shadows?" I thought he was going to point out like a whale or something so my ears perked up with anticipation. He then went on "That is called Marea Roja- the red tide." I was so not impressed and was just like...Ok so. He told me how it is where the algae dies and becomes poisonous killing the fish and causing humans to become very sick. I was like Ok- so this whole little jaunt you just went on was basically to tell me surfing is cancelled. He said no but was worried about me. So I basically cancelled for him. Raquelle later told me that the red tide can cause shell fish paralysis in humans. Something I was just not willing to risk.
So I walked back towards town- parting ways with Pablo.

I ran into Amanda who was SO excited to teach me poi. I am so excited to learn. We chatted for a bit and then she asked me to tell Raquelle that she decided she wasn't going to do the juicing. I was thinking Ummm steroids in Costa Rica but it turned out to be another cleanse. I ran into Raquelle and she was on her way to Organico to get information on the cleanse. Because it's me I was like Alryte lets go. Its an 8 day strictly juice diet. Sounds tempting, but I had already paid for the breakfast plan at School. So we're going to go again tomorrow with a translator to see what we think. If Raquelle is going to do it, I think I might too. Alyssa always said it is easier to do a cleanse with somebody else. I really really look up to Raquelle so it would be nice to do with her. She is the vet from Australia. We would then be doing poi and yoga together.
Side note:
At dinner the other night we asked Raquelle for her craziest vet story and she didn't even hesitate. She had a hysterical woman come in asking whether or not she could catch anything from her dog. Raquelle said um no... why? The lady then said.... MY boyfriend wont have sex with me unless he has sex with the dog first and I wanted to make sure I couldn't catch anything from the dog!
(If your chin is on the floor with your handover your mouth whimpering OMFG- you had the exact same response as me.)
Needless to say- She called the cops on the woman and her boytoy! BUT UGH that is effing nasty!

Ok back to me- So once I got home from town- I dropped off my laundry and called Amelia to take me to Cobano for the bank. (Amelia is my female cabbie- I feel safe with her cause she's a she). So she took me and speaks no english- I didn't learn anything today though. Once at the bank the ATM was down. I was devastated. So Amelia did some chatting (because it's a holiday here today- the bank wasn't open here either and the ATM in Montezuma has not been working for days). She found out that people were on there way to fix it and our adventure was a success!

While back home I got ready for YOGA and then headed down for my first poi lesson. I learned in 30 minutes what some people learn in three days! GO ME! It's a frustrating thing to learn but you just have to take your time and take breaks. Its good for my chemo brain because it really requires me to focus and use multiple parts of my brain. Think patting your head while rubbing your belly. Yes I can do it - but you have to do it lightening fast. I love it!

I then rushed off to Yoga and it was a ton of newbies. I don't like the newbies. They keep to themselves. So we have the Juniors- Me, Laura, Erin, Raquelle, Jeanie, Sarah, Robyn and Lorrien. The freshman are lame and we don't even bother. Yoga was FANTASTIC. I learned the wheel tonight. I did it all by myself. It was one of my goals and I got it! Check Por Favor.

After yoga- which was fabulous... a. because I'm way better then a ton of the new people and b. because I just feel like I am constantly improving- I came and took the nicest shower. The water was super warm so I took my time which included shaving my legs and face mask and just AHHH. If only there was a bath tub this place would be heaven. After my shower I practiced a little bit of poi and then decided I was starving. No one wanted to go out for dinner so I mozied on over too Tayrena by myself. It's so my fav. I got the Pasta Bolonegsia... YUM. I just read my book and sipped my tea frio. It was yum yum yum. I also made a friend. Torte- who is a black and white kitten. Torte is cake and my spanish word of the day so I thought it was fitting because cake is a comfort food and my new friend was comforting me. He sat on my lap while I read and waited for my food. He gave me kisses and was just the cutest thing in life. I'm going to take him some food tomorrow. I love my new little buddy.
After my lovely meal- I headed on home. (Dad don't read this part)... I was walking alone with my little pink mag light in my hand. As I was wakling up towards the hill a Tico on a motorbike stopped and started whistling and saying things in spanish. Usually this would be exciting but I was 20 feet from the Ocean. I wasn't planning on getting abducted, and pillaged and Murdered. So I kept walking. He followed me for a bit but then buggered off! GO ME! Don't worry dad- I won't walk alone anymore!

So once I got home I chatted with Laura for a bit. She is such a positive person and such a pleasure to be around. I would be lost with out her and just love that she moved rooms and is now closer to me!

Now I'm in bed and have another busy day tomorrow. I'm dropping out of surfing for the week because of the Marea Roja and going to focus on poi. I really love it here. It scares me that I could be completely content living here. I love it though!

xoxo

Oh and just another thought- Tonight in yoga- If what you are saying is not going to benefit the person you are saying it too- DON"T SAY IT!.... Think about what it will get you... How will it make that person feel? Really nobody wins and your relationship suffers.... so use your heads!

1 comment: