Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 18- Bed Bunny is more like it

SOOOO I almost missed poi this morning. I was SO tired and woke up and went right back to sleep. I woke up with ten minutes until class. I ran around my room completely naked while half asleep in a frenzy trying to get ready. I had half a cereal bar hanging out of my mouth while spraying my body down with aerosol spf and hopping on one leg trying to get my bikini one while making sure the knots were done up. It was quite impressive. I also managed to remember bug spray.
I raced out my door with my key in hand and realized I forgot my poi so booked it back in. I got to class with one minute to go! GO ME!
Class was fabulous. The moves that I said I would get today- I did. It's just one of those things, if you get frustrated- take a day off and it will come. I have a my routine for tomorrow night just in case I decide to light up (I mean on fire you crazy pot heads). I really really like it! It's just SO much fun.
After Poi I went to brunch with Laura. I just love her. She's soo cool. Like one of the reasons I was meant to come on this trip was to meet her!
After lunch I took a mega nap. I wasn't feeling well- just tired mom so don't worry. I woke up starving. So Laura and I went to dinner at Tayrona- where else. We also went into town to see if the ATM was working which it wasnt. I was just glad that I stocked up on mucho dinero when I did. We went to a little trinket shop and I found a bowl that I absolutely must have. It's beautiful and the Costa Rican treasure I was looking for. It will look splendid in my apt. I guess mother like daughter because she too have a million wooden bowls and maybe this is me starting my collection. It's made out of mango wood. I have no idea what Mango wood is- but it just sounds SO exotic. So... Yes I shall purchase my bowl. I can just see myself throwing dinner parties and serving fabulous things in it and when people ask- telling them the fabulous stories from my fabulous vacation that was the start of my fabulous transformation into my fabulous life! YES - I must have the bowl!
I saw Javier again as well. He invited me to his house to show me his shop where he makes the rings I am obsessed with. He said he could make me a custom one and we all know that lit my fire. However- I will not go alone. Don't worry Dad I do occasionally listen.
I had to leave dinner a little early to get to yoga on time and Im so glad I did. It was a smaller class and Kristen was teaching. Last night before I went to bed I researched Yoga teacher training. It is absolutely something I will do. I can't wait to do it. There are a few places that I am interested in doing it. LA next summer for 4 weeks. Philly- Kinda ugh. George Brown in Toronto through out the school year- Not to sure If I want to add that to my plate. It would be Monday's and Wednesdays- not really something I want to get into and I wouldn't be able to travel next summer. There is a place out of NYC that does retreats to places like... well Here... so that is very exciting. Also there is a town 45 minutes from here that does it too. LOTS of options. I will be a yoga instructor by 2011- It is a goal... we all know what happens when I get my mind wrapped around something. Let me jog your memory (make up artist, Bartending school, Costa Rica and Surfing, etc. etc. etc.)
So Yoga was great- I even taught Kristen something tonight. We were doing the wheel which is a fancy way of saying a back bend. So instead of pushing up= I walked back over as if I were going into a back hand spring. She was impressed and couldn't do it her self. How cool did I feel! YUP that cool.
After class- the thunder and lightening started. We have a typhoon in our midst. A typhoon for those of you who dont know is:
Typhoon- ty-phoon [noun]- a tropical storm.
SO yes- internet was out. It was dreadful. I hung out with Laura, Ann Raquelle and Erin. I practiced my poi. I made my routine for tomorrow. It's cute. Sarah said that I actually make it look sexy (I think I should get that in writing because my mom and sister will NEVER believe it). She said I work my hips quite well. (Words I never thought I would hear.) Tomorrow's goal for poi is the windmill and the butterfly. I got corking and threading the needle tonight which was FABULOSO- I would just like to make those a lot better too.
We had so much fun hanging out on the veranda. I ran in to quickly shower because I was afraid the water wouldn't work once the storm hit. I came out in two towels- one on my head in the queen sheba look and the other obvi around the bod. It was like being in a sorority. I loved it!
So much gossip going on too.....
It was confirmed that someone (who shall remain nameless)- had a naked, hot and sweaty sesh with an instructor. An instructor of what you ask... that too shall remain confidential. Quite exciting.
Jeremy the director of the school is getting a lot of flack too. He is being very unaccommodating to some of the students. Ann chose not to surf this week because of the red tide and is also extremely disappointed with the spanish education she is receiving here. She is a russian and french teacher; so she clearly knows how to pick up languages. She thinks the spanish program is rubbish. She said to Jeremy since he wont refund her for the surfing if she could at least switch to yoga and he said no. - RUBBISH.
Laura same thing- He let her switch to yoga. People are pissed. I need to work up the balls to make sure my poi is being covered. I don't know- how can you argue in paradise. Tonight's yoga niyama was about contentment (niyama #2). I am content. I am not stressing and riding the waves of life. Niyama number two is known as Santosha= being satisfied with the resources at hand and not desiring more. If we could all live with a little more santosha in our lives, greed would not be so prevalent.
Lesson today- Are you content?

No comments:

Post a Comment